Frequently Asked Questions
Panda often gets questions from our customers about service offers, rules/regulations regarding waste disposal, what happens when the waste is taken away, and many other things related to the waste removal industry. Read on to learn the answers we give to these frequently asked questions, or contact us today.
The following are some useful facts about waste management:
- With freezing temperatures there is a reduction in the available payload a bin can handle.
- Proper packaging is a must. The Transport of Dangerous Goods Act lays out packaging regulations for everyone.
- Each year by February 15th, your Ontario Generator Registration (HWIN) is due.
- Waste compactors should be serviced regularly to ensure proper working conditions, maximum payload in your waste container and to proactively prevent breakdowns.
What Happens to My Recyclables?
The following is a brief description of what happens to each popular recyclable:
- Newspaper is reprocessed and made into newsprint, magazines, flyers and phone books.
- Cardboard is reprocessed and made into new cardboard, brown paper towels or kraft paper.
- Boxboard and phone books are reprocessed and made into new boxboard, egg cartons, file folders, paper take-out trays and used in hydroseeding.
- Fine paper is reprocessed and made into products such as bathroom and facial tissue.
- Steel is smelted and used to make new food containers and other steel products.
- Aluminum is smelted and used to make new aluminum products such a pop cans
- Plastic pop and water bottles are reprocessed and made into new plastic products.
What Services Does Panda Offer?
Panda offers the following services to our customers. For more information, visit Services page, or contact us today.
- Solid Waste Removal
- Specific Plastic Recycling
- Wood Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Scrap Metal Recycling
- Compactor Services
- Clean Fill Removal
- Impacted Soil Removal
- Asbestos Material Removal (See also Hazardous Waste Removal)
- Construction / Demolition Waste Streaming & Removal
What are the Rules and Regulations Regarding Waste Removal in Ontario?
The rules and regulations regarded waste removal in ontario are separated into three categories:
Each municipality often can have specific laws related to waste and recycling. Laws can include: bans on what can go to landfill, recycling regulations, waste management fees, and more. Panda is highly experienced at providing waste removal solutions in neraly all municipalities in Southern Ontario. Contact us today to discuss any specific rules or regulations in your region.
There are several key laws in Ontario related to waste and recycling. Click here for a full overview. These laws include:
1. Environmental Protection Act (EPA)
a. O. Reg. 101/07
b. O. Reg. 102/94
c. O. Reg. 103/94
d. O. Reg. 104
e. R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 347
2. The Waste Diversion Act
3. The Environmental Assessment Act
4. The Planning Act
1. Canadian Environmental Protection Act
2. Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act
3. Canadian Environmental Assessment Act
Panda Environmental - Your Complete Waste Management Solution
Panda Environmental is a leader in responsible waste management and recycling solutions for over 15 years. We are able to service all waste needs, including hazardous waste. Click here for a list of all of the waste management and recycling solutions that we provide.
"I wanted to tell you how much we appreciate your ‘pickup’ guys. They are amazing. The boss actually watched the driver 2 weeks ago…he got out of the truck and straightened the garbage container, picked up a bag that had fallen out in the dumping process and put it in the can, then removed 2 black bags from the recyclables that had been put in there by error (I assume). Never before have we had/seen such amazing service!"
- Karen, Local Auto Business
Toll Free: 1-877-745-4140